Ayurveda & Daily routine – Dinacharya: connect to the rhythms of nature
Date: Scheduled soon!
Teacher: Amber Jägers
In our high-tech and fast-paced Western society we experience many biological disruptions, like jet lags, artificial lights, working evening/night shifts etc. These disruptions make us humans to lose our connection with nature.
Ayurveda has always emphasized the need for a healthy biological rhythm. Nowadays also modern scientists recognize its importance. Disconnection from the natural rhythms of life is been linked to a variety of health problems, of which poor cognitive functioning, a decrease in performance and efficiency, mal digestion, sleeping disorders, depression, diabetes, excessive weight gain, heart diseases and even certain types of cancer.
During this workshop you will learn – and do! – about a daily Ayurvedic ritual. This daily ritual – called Dinacharya – promotes your body and mind to reconnect to the rhythms of nature and therefore to resolve numerous complaints and prevent disease.
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?
The workshop consists of theory and practice. The theory part will take about 1,5 to 2 hours. We take a 30 min break and then we continue with practical yoga exercises.
- I start with an introduction about myself and give you a general understanding of Ayurveda: its origin, development and the basic principles of this ancient ‘Science of Life’. This introduction is part of every workshop.
o Human and nature: what is our connection, why is it so important and which health problems may occur when we disconnect from it?
- The three doshas and the rhythm of nature. You will learn how the doshas Vata, Pitta and Kapha relate to the rhythms of each day and what is their influence on your body.
- We go into the Ayurvedic morning ritual – Dinacharya. You will learn several techniques to eliminate ama (toxic waste) from the body. This includes tongue scraping, oil pulling, nasya (for the nose), abhyanga (self-massage), yoga and pranayama.
- The morning ritual is most important, but we also look at how you can adjust the rest of your day to the natural rhythms: lunch break and evening ritual.
- Now it is time for you to work! You will take a look at your own daily ritual / routine: how can Dinacharya integrate into your daily life? You are going to make your own Dinacharya.
- You get the chance to purchase Ayurvedic products, so that you can start working with your own Dinacharya at home!BREAK: 30 min with a snackPRACTICE
- Part of the Dinacharya are Yoga and Pranayama exercises. We will start with a simple series of Yoga and breathing exercises that could fit well into an Ayurvedic morning ritual.
- We conclude with a delicious savasana and you will go home with a calm mind & your own Dinacharya plan.
WHAT DO YOU TAKE OUT FROM THE AYURVEDIC DINACHARYA WORKSHOP?
1. Ayurvedic knowledge
Ayurveda is becoming increasingly popular in the West and even modern medicine is increasingly looking for remedies and solutions in Ayurveda. Yet there is often little understanding of this science. This is your chance to dive deeper into this ‘Science of Life’ and to learn the basics. Every workshop we dive deeper into the theory and highlight a different theme. If you follow the 4 workshops as training, you will have a good understanding of the most important principles within Ayurveda at the end of the ride.
2. Gives self-insight
You gain insight into your own daily rhythm and to what extent you are in contact with the natural rhythms of the day. Change starts with acknowledgement.
3. Restore your connection with nature!
This is your chance to revitalize your connection with nature! With the Ayurvedic wisdom you receive during workshop you can take a closer look at your own rhythm and integrate the Dinacharya into your own day.
4. Medication and prevention
A daily routine in which you remove waste matter (ama) from the body and adjust your exercise, eating, and sleep routine to nature, not only eliminates many health problems, but also prevents disbalance from developing. Self-care = health-care!
5. Getting started at home
You make your own Dinacharya plan and go home with your own Ayurvedic Dinacharya products. In other words, nothing stops you from immediately putting your good intentions into practice.